12 March 2011

PAST PROJECTS: M's Nursery

This week I didn't spend much time at my sewing machine, so I thought I would share a project I did a few years ago, my son's nursery.


The design began with a great Alexander Henry Zoo Animals fabric I found a few weeks after finding out I was having a baby boy.  The colors were bold, yet soothing and allowed for the introduction of other bold colors in the nursery. My mother helped me to make this quilt. She created the light blue block with all of the animals and did the quilting.

Next, my son needed a colorful and fun mobile. I found this great, free bird pattern from SpoolSewing.com for the bodies and created a pattern for the wings. I used a combination of solid color felt and cotton for the wings and stomaches.
Finally, I created a wall hanging using the leftover felt from the birds, white fabric, and a canvas frame from Hobby Lobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment