27 May 2011

PAST PROJECTS: E's Baby Quilt

I am somewhat of a fabric hoarder. I buy lots of fabrics to use "someday". When I found out that my sister-in-law was going to have a little girl, I had the perfect fabric for my niece's quilt stashed away; birds with pink polka-dots. Wanting to incorporate yellow into the design, I found this great traditional, yellow fabric that complimented the bird fabric perfectly.



I really wanted to showcase the bird fabric, so I kept the design of the quilt simple and geometric. The quilt needed a little something extra in the white square on the bottom to make it feel a little more personal and add a little more character to the overall design. Not knowing what Baby E's first name was going to be yet, I decided to use her last initial which just so happened to be "B".

No comments:

Post a Comment